Friday, December 25, 2009

I Wanna Be Sedated

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans (John Lennon). That’s how my older wiser brother explained my accident. Spending all this time locked in my apartment in pain and discomfort clearly wasn’t among my plans.

The worst is at night. Waking up tired and in pain and not being able to even change position. Closing your eyes and wishing real bad to be asleep again, to fall back to drug induced weird dreams. Hating the darkness and hoping for a relief that won't seem to arrive.

Of course feeling helpless, vulnerable and incapable of performing the most basic tasks doesn’t help. When dragging yourself to the bathroom is an ordeal and taking a glass of water from the kitchen to the table a physical impossibility, cursing becomes a very very frequent activity.

There are obviously much worse things in life that can happen to you. Among them, going through this nightmare without my friends. I knew they were great, that’s why they are my friends in the first place. I didn’t know they are extraordinary. Thank you.

No comments: